What's Your 9pm Routine?
According to feedback received through the recent BCCPA Stakeholders Survey, property crimes are often crimes of opportunity. To reduce the opportunity of becoming a victim of property crime, the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office in Florida began the #9pmRoutine. The program started in 2017 and has since spread to police agencies across the United States and Canada.
BCCPA is encouraging home owners and residents to establish a 9 p.m. Routine to protect themselves, their loved ones and their property from becoming targets or victims of property crime.
The 9 p.m. Routine has a few simple steps:
1. Remove valuables, including garage door openers from vehicles
2. Lock vehicle
3. Close the overhead garage door
4. Lock door between garage and house
5. Close & lock all external doors
6. Ensure all windows are shut & locked
7. Turn on an outside light
Be safe and together we will make a safer community.